- Hagiwara, Y., A. J. Cichoke, “Barley Leaves Extract for Everlasting Health”
- Hagiwara, Y., Sayuki, S., Miyauchi, T., Otake,H., Abe, S., Kuramoto, M., and Takada, K. Study on green barley extract. Presented at the 99th National Meeting of the Japanese Society of Pharmaceutical Science, Sapporo (1979).
- Nakajima, S., Hagiwara, Y., Hagiwara, H., and Shibamoto, T. Effect of the Antioxidant 2″-O-Glycosylisovitexin from young green barley leaves on acetaldehyde formation in beer stored at 50 degree C for 90 days. 1998, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 46 (4): 1529-1531.
- Yu YM, Chang WC, Chang CT, Hsieh CL, Tsai CE. Effects of young barley leaf extract and antioxidative vitamins on LDL oxidation and free radical scavenging activities in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Metab . 2002;28:1262.
- Murray, Frank ” Unless you balance acidity, your muscles may become tense.” Better Nutrition, Mar96, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p26, 1p, 1c Discusses the flexibility of muscles in terms of balancing acidity. How acidity is measured; Connection to exercise; Inhibitors of exercise; Explanations from Michael Colgan, Ph.D.; Benefits of barley juice.
- 6. Yu YM, Chang WC, Liu CS, Tsai CM. Effect of young barley leaf extract and adlay on plasma lipids and LDL oxidation in hyperlipidemic smokers. Biol Pharm Bull . 2004;27:802-805.
- Yu YM; Wu CH; Tseng YH; Tsai CE; Chang WC “Antioxidative and hypolipidemic effects of barley leaf essence in a rabbit model of atherosclerosis.” Japanese journal of pharmacology 2002 Jun; Vol. 89 (2), pp. 142-8. The results suggest that the antioxidant and hypolipidemic effects of barley leaf essence could be useful in the prevention of cardiovascular disease in which atherosclerosis is important.
- Ohtake, H.; Yuasa, H.; Komura, C.; Miyauchi, T.; Hagiwara, Y.; and Kubota, K. 1985. “Studies on the Constituents of Green Juice From Young Barley Leaves (Anti-Ulcer Activity of Fractions From Barley Juice).” Journal of The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, Vol. 105, No. 11.
“Green barley grass may help arthritics.” Better Nutrition for Today’s Living, Jul95, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p32, 1p, 1c Reports that physicians have recommended green barley juice supplements as part of arthritis therapy. Response of patients to the barley treatments; Elimination of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.